- PhD, Information Studies, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, Current
- MISt, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, 2009
- Desktop Publishing Certificate, George Brown College, 2003
- Book & Magazine Publishing Certificate, Centre for Creative Communication, 2001
- BA, Women’s & Gender Studies / Sociology, University of Saskatchewan, 1998
Research Assistanstships & Fellowships
2011-2013. Dr. Siobhan Stevenson, Public Librarians in the Knowledge Economy
This SSHRC-funded project looks at the techno-cultural and political-economic forces bearing down on the municipal public library and its consequences for the relevance of the public library as the central point of access for citizens to the world of informational, cultural, and recreational materials.
2010-2013. Dr. Kwame McKenzie (CAMH) & Dr. Suzanne Archie (McMaster), ACE Pathways to Care
This CIHR-funded project explores pathways to care for first episode psychosis in people of African, Caribbean and European descent. Data collection was undertaken in two stages. In the first stage, research assistants facilitated 170+ quantitative interviews with young people who have experienced and are being treated for a first episode psychosis. In the second stage, participants were brought into focus group settings to discuss their particular pathways in qualitative interviews.
2010. Fellow, Social Aetiology of Mental Illness [SAMI] Training Program
Situated in the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and the University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada, SAMI establishes a centre of excellence for the study of the social determinants of mental health. The program is fully funded and supported by CIHR. My research looked at the information-seeking experiences of LGBT individuals and couples looking to adopt children. [More…]
2008-2009. Dr. Wendy Duff, Graduate Student Assistantship
Dr. Duff's research focuses on archival users, access to archival material, digital curation, along with the convergence of libraries, archives, and museums.
- INF1002H Representation, Organization, Classification, and Meaning-Making, 2009
- INF1330 Archives: Concepts & Issues, 2009
- INF2175H Managing Organizational Records, 2010
- INF1331H Archival Arrangement and Description, 2011
- INF2180H Archives: Access, Advocacy, Outreach, 2012
- UC104Y UC ONE: Engaging Toronto, Sex in the City, 2011 [More…]
- UC255H Histories and Sexuality, 2010
- UC237H Introduction to HIV/AIDS, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 [More…]
RIM Consultant, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, 2008-2009
Evaluated current Electronic Document & Records Management (EDRM) system and offered strategies for improving workflow; Delivered an assessment report regarding the document and information management practices and resources within the Infectious Diseases Surveillance Section (now the Public Health Surveillance Branch); Produced draft report on the Ontario management and mitigation of the 2008 listeriosis outbreak for the Acting Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David C. Williams.
Senior Researcher, Hackers Language Institute (Seoul, South Korea), 2004-2007
Produced English-language compositions for EFL student preparing to write the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examinations; Researched new developments in EFL instruction and standardized language testing.
Communications Coordinator, Access Copyright, 2001-2004
Liaised with publicity and promotions consultants, including advertising agencies and event promoters; produced ad copy for print and Web promotions; produced and managed content for the agency Web site; Led technology projects and evaluated outcomes; acted as department lead for the test and implementation of the Right Management System (RMS), a database that tracks rights and licensing of published materials in Canada; Facilitated workshops on creator rights for affiliated members; Managed all non-financial records related to affiliate members and their works; Facilitated a national digital rights conference in Toronto (May 2004).
Assistant Manager & Music Buyer, HMV, 1996-2001
Managed staff and served as clerk; met with music industry representatives to secure product and develop cross-promotional projects; Responsible for managing all independent and consignment product in-store; Received product and maintained inventory database.
Committees & Service
Canadian Lesbian & Gay Archives Community Engagement Committee
- Community Engagement Committee, 2007-present
Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA)
- 2010 Annual Conference Program Committee
- 2011 Annual Conference Program Committee
- 2011 Educational Guideline Taskforce
University of Toronto, Faculty of Information
- Vice President, Master of Information Studies Student Council, 2007-2008
- Secretary, Master of Information Studies Student Council, 2008-2009
- Technology Fund Representative, Doctoral Students Association, 2009-2010
- Seach Committee, Archives & Records Management, 2009; 2011
Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA)
Archives Association of Ontario (AAO)
Society of American Archivists (SAA)
Please contact for references